CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2019 POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN PHILOSOPHY OF COSMOLOGY
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Philosophy of Cosmology. The Fellowship will provide a new scholar in foundations of physics with a unique opportunity to pursue research in collaboration with physicists and philosophers. For suitable candidates, it may be possible to hold the Fellowship jointly between the Rotman Institute and the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
The Rotman Institute of Philosophy is situated in one of Canada’s leading departments of philosophy. It brings together philosophers and scientists to work on problems of social significance. Ongoing research focuses on a variety of philosophical problems arising in contemporary physics, biology, cognitive neuroscience, and medical science.
The Rotman Institute of Philosophy is also currently inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in areas of research supported by the Institute (including applied ethics, foundations of physics, philosophy of neuroscience, general philosophy of science, and philosophy of biology). Please see further details here.
Please note, review of applications has been moved to an earlier date, and will now begin on December 17, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. Successful applicants will be expected to apply for a Research Western Postdoctoral Fellowship.
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample (no more than 8000 words)
- Research Statement
1. All applicants must complete the 2019 Rotman Institute of Philosophy Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Form.
2. Applicants must provide their supporting documents using either of the following methods:
For applicants using Interfolio:
Please submit all of the required documents as a single pdf via email to email@example.com. Format the subject line for your email as follows: Application Materials from [Full Name] (2019 Rotman Cosmology Postdoc Application)
For applicants who are not using Interfolio:
Please combine your curriculum vitae, writing sample, and research statement into a single pdf file, and submit the pdf via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Format the subject line for your email as follows: Application Materials from [Full Name] (2019 Rotman Cosmology Postdoc Application)
3. After an initial review of application materials, reference letters will need to be furnished upon request. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to have three letters of reference sent directly by their referees to email@example.com. (For applicants using Interfolio, reference letters may be included along with the initial submission.)
4. Successful applicants will be expected to apply for a Research Western Postdoctoral Fellowship, which has a January 15, 2019 application deadline. However, the offer of the Rotman Postdoctoral Fellowship is not conditional on the success of the Research Western application.
This fellowship is funded, in part, through a grant awarded by the John Templeton Foundation.
Applicants should have fluent oral and written communication skills in English. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Western University is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.